Friday, September 9, 2011

Watermelon Rose Mojito

Summer's Last Stand: Part I

The end of summer always makes me incredibly sad...much because Mojitos are not nearly so delicious in the chill of fall and winter.  We've been doing Mojito Mondays at work this summer, and I came up with three incredibly delicious specialties to offer in addition to the typical silver, gold, and dark counterparts.  As my sister-in-law just posted in her own journal earlier today (along with a Watermelon Mojito recipe...great minds think alike, hm?), flavored Mojitos are too often done terribly in restaurants.  So...here are my variations:

 From left to right: Watermelon Rose, Strawberry Hibiscus, and the Pinajito
I'll post the other two recipes over the next weekish...

Watermelon Rose Mojito
Glassware: 10oz Collins
Method: Muddle, and Box to finish
Garnish: Mint sprig and Lime wedge

Muddle:
3 Watermelon cubes
3 Lime wedges
6 Mint leaves
.75 oz Simple syrup
3 drops Rosewater

Add:
1.5 oz Silver Rum
 
Fill with ice and top with soda water.  Box once to mix it all together and make it pretty.  Garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment