Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pinajito

Summer's Last Stand: Part III

The past handful of days have been sadly autumnal :-(  I know we'll have a nice little late kick of summer in the next month or so, but I think autumn is here to stay for the most part.  So, with a bit of sadness in my heart, here is the last installment of my Summer 2011 Mojitos.

I got the initial idea for this Mojito from when I used to work at Cheeseburger in Paradise, once upon a time.  They had a Pina Colada Mojito that...well...the execution was lacking in, frankly, but I thought there was real potential in the idea.  My recipe is much different than theirs was, but the concept is there.  More than a couple of my servers LOVE this one, so I clearly did something right...ha!

Pinajito (aka Pina Colada Mojito)
Glassware: 10oz Collins
Method: Muddle, and Box to finish
Garnish: Mint sprig and Lime wedge

Muddle:
3 Lime wedges
6 Mint leaves
.5 oz Simple syrup

Add:
1 oz Cruzan Coconut rum
.5 oz Bacardi Silver rum
1 oz Pineapple juice
 
Fill with ice and top with soda water.  Box once to mix it all together and make it pretty.  Garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment