Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mixology Monday: Niche Spirits

Welcome to another Mixology Monday with me!  This month's theme is Niche Spirits (e.g. any base spirit not typically used as a base spirit--not vodka, gin, rum, etc.), and is hosted by Filip at Adventures in Cocktails.  My entry is a bit out of season, but it never hurts to start planning your holidays early, right?

For my "niche spirit" I was planning on creating a new cocktail, but I decided on a tweaked classic.  When I was first introduced to Catdaddy Carolina Moonshine, the first thing I thought of was eggnog.  When I was working on the opening menu for my bar last fall I decided to research eggnog recipes (which of course all seemed to involve either bourbon or rum...neither of which I've ever really enjoyed eggnog with), and I worked out one that worked beautifully with the Catdaddy!



Daddy's Eggnog
Method:  Preshaken egg, Shake and Strain
Glassware:  Brandy snifter or large punch cup
Garnish:  Fresh grated nutmeg


Ingredients:
1 whole egg (preshaken)
1.5 oz Catdaddy Carolina Moonshine
.5 oz Simple syrup
3 oz Apple cider


Shake indgredents VERY well (make sure that egg is completely incorporated--there is little worse than a separating egg drink) with ice and strain into glass.  Top with a fresh grating of nutmeg.  Enjoy!


Sadly, I don't have a photo of my eggnog, but it was rather enjoyed, and I can't wait to put it back on this upcoming winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment