Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Flowers for Hemingway

A few weeks ago, Dan and I were at one of our regular places and they were featuring a daiquiri with rose and hibiscus and soda water.  I loved the idea, but the rose was fairly overpowering (I think they used about half a barspoon of rose water), and they used soda water in it which I wasn't too crazy about, and I was missing the hibiscus and lime completely.  I decided I adored the idea so much that I just had to make it work for myself.  As for the name, this isn't really a twist on the Hemingway Daiquiri recipe, but...since he has "his own" daiquiri, he tends to be the first thing I think of when I'm talking about classic daiquiris.  Also, as far as literature goes...I'm not a Hemingway fan, though I appreciate his contributions to our literary record.  My husband, on the other hand, does quite enjoy his work.  Regardless, Nobel Laureate authors always deserve flowers in their memory, right?



Flowers for Hemingway 
Method:  Shake and strain
Glassware:  Large Cocktail
Garnish:  Flamed orange twist

Ingredients
1.5 oz 10 Cane rum
1 oz Fresh lime juice
1.25 oz Simple syrup
1 drop Rose water
5 drops Fee Bros. Hibiscus flower water
1 dash Hibiscus syrup
2 dashes Regan's Orange bitters


Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a large cocktail glass.  Garnish with a flamed orange twist.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment