Friday, June 3, 2011

Cherry Kisses

A friend of mine asked me the other day if I might be able to come up with a black cherry martini, as she had had a wonderful one, and wanted to surprise her recently-21 sister-in-law with a recipe but couldn't find any good ones online.  She said they used black cherry vodka and a chocolate rim with a chocolate covered cherry garnish.  This was what I came up with.  My staff loved it, and so did some of our guests, so I thought I'd share.





Cherry Kisses
Method:  Shake and strain
Glass:  Large cocktail
Garnish:  Chocolate rim with a fresh cherry, or a chocolate-covered cherry (the real kind...not those fake maraschinos)

Ingredients:
2 oz Effen Black Cherry vodka
.75 oz Real pomegranate grenadine (1 part pomegranate juice to 1 part sugar, shaken well to mix)
.5 oz Fresh lime juice
.5 oz Simple syrup
2 oz Cranberry juice

No comments:

Post a Comment