Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Treats: The Chocolate Orange

I was planning on posting this one in the days leading up to Christmas, but things got hectic, and I missed the window.  Ah well.  On the plus side, we spent the holiday in Michigan with my husband's family, and we had a great visit.

This was another cocktail created for the Buckeye vodka event I hosted.  When my brother and I were young our mom would put those chocolate orange balls in our stockings on Christmas morning.  This was my take on those candies.



The Chocolate Orange
Glass: Large cocktail
Method: Shake and double strain
Garnish: Long orange twist


Ingredients:
1 oz Buckeye vodka
.5 oz Cointreau
.5 oz Dark Creme de Cocoa
2 barspoons Orange marmalade
2 oz Heavy cream


Shake with ice and double strain into glass.  Garnish with long orange twist and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment