Friday, December 16, 2011

Bourbon and Blues

You may recall me talking about some delicious blueberry preserves my mother-in-law made earlier this past summer during blueberry-picking season up in Michigan.  They featured prominently in my Death's Lady cocktail.  This is another recipe that came from that batch of deliciousness.  I had some extra Bulleit hanging around, and wanted to figure out a way to use it up.  This was quite the successful way of doing that.  I think I went through nearly four bottles the few days I featured this.  It's very simple to execute and very refreshing.


Bourbon and Blues
Glass: 12oz rocks/Old-Fashioned glass
Method: Shake and Strain
Garnish: Orange twist


Ingredients:
2 oz Bulleit bourbon
1 oz Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 oz Simple syrup (refresher: I use a 2:1 sugar:water ratio)
1 barspoon Blueberry preserves

Build ingredients and shake with ice. Strain into glass filled with clean ice. Garnish and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment