Sunday, October 14, 2012

Endless Summer (a.k.a) MxMo LXVI: Bein' Green

Oh...hey there, everyone!  It's been a little while, hasn't it?  I've been off having all sorts of incredible adventures this summer.  We had dinner at Alinea in Chicago for my 30th birthday, I went to Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans, I went on a trip with the S. Ohio USBG to some stops along the Bourbon Trail, we went to a family wedding that ended up in (started out with?) a little trip onto Wrigley Field:


...well...you get the idea.  Basically, I spent all my spare income this summer drinking cocktails rather than concocting them, so I've been a little off the radar.  I'd say I'm sorry, but...just look at that photo!   I figured the October Mixology Monday, hosted by Ed over at Wordsmithing Pantagruel would be a perfect time to jump back in the game.  In his own words

With the warm days of summer now fading off into the distance in our rear view mirrors, let's pay one last tribute to the greens of summer before the frosts come and our outdoor herb gardens give up the ghost for the winter. [...] Limes are green. So is green tea. Don't forget the herb garden: mint, basil, cilantro, you name it - all fair game. There's also the veritable cornucopia from the farmers market: green apples, grapes, peppers, olives, celery, cucumbers...you get the idea. Like I said, wide berth. Base, mixer, and or garnish; if it's green it's good. Surprise me. Use at least one, but the more the merrier. 

When I read that, I was a little disappointed I had already posted my Bombay Sapphire cocktail, The Garden Path (cilantro, red bell pepper, pineapple...perfect!), but then I realized I hadn't yet posted my finalized recipe for another, previously unnamed, summer cocktail...so...here we go!

 Endless Summer



Glass:  Large Cocktail
Method: Muddle, Shake and Strain
Garnish:  Cucumber and Watermelon pick

Muddle:
6 cubes Fresh Watermelon
3 leaves Fresh Basil
1 tsp Balsamic syrup

Add:
2 oz Effen Cucumber vodka
.5 oz Fresh Lime juice
.5 oz Rich Simple syrup 

Shake all ingredients well with ice and strain into a large cocktail glass. 
Garnish with a light sprinkling of freshly cracked sea salt.

P.S.  My husband has also decided this summer that Effen Cucumber and Pimm's is a tasty combination.  Maybe something to play with later...

No comments:

Post a Comment