Thursday, November 24, 2011

Athena's Council

There's no real back story to this cocktail...just that I got something in my head that I wanted to do a drink with sage.  Blackberry is a natural companion to sage, and I went from there.  The name started as "Wise Council" (which "sage advice" means, of course), and with all the goddess names in my cocktails, it seems as though Athena decided She wanted this one ;-)  I can't blame Her, as it's pretty delicious.



Athena's Council (a.k.a. Sage Advice)
Glass:  Large Cocktail
Method:  Muddle, Shake and Double Strain
Garnish:  Burned sage leaf

Muddle:
3 ea Blackberries
3 ea Sage leaves
.75 oz Agave Nectar (I used Monin's)

Add:
1.5 oz Sauza Hornitos Plata tequila
.5 oz St-Germain liqueur
1 oz Fresh Lemon juice

Shake with ice and double strain into cocktail glass. Burn a sage leaf to garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment