Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rapture

I am currently working on a very special project, and this cocktail was the result of experimentation for that.  I love playing with unusual liqueurs and ingredients, and I thoroughly believe that cognac and brandy need to make even more of a comeback in cocktails than they already have, and this is just one of my contributions to that end.  The photo was taken amidst my collection of YA and faery fiction...haha.  It works, as it's a little dark, a little mysterious, and deliciously decadent...yet surprisingly light.  I'm thinking chocolate mole bitters might twist this down a much darker, yet still delicious, path.



Rapture
Glass:  Small cocktail
Method:  Shake and Strain
Garnish:  No garnish.

Ingredients:
.5 oz Meukow VS cognac
.5 oz Nux Alpine walnut liqueur
3 drops Pure Vanilla extract
1 dash Regan's orange bitters
1 dash Bitter Truth's Xocolatl Mole bitters
1 oz Fonesca Bin 127 ruby port

1 comment: