Saturday, March 26, 2011

Raspberry Breeze

I was so entertained by the outcome of creating this drink that I just had to post the recipe right away.  One of our regulars, as dinner was winding down, asked if I had some time to spare to mix him something new.  After a couple of questions he decided he wanted something not too sweet and with vodka.  Got it.  I went for a twist on a mojito.  The end result made him say, "This tastes like spring!"  Perfect :-D

Raspberry Breeze
Glass:  10 oz Collins
Method:  Muddle, Box
Garnish:  Lime wedge and mint sprig

Muddle
2 lime wedges
6 mint leaves
.25 oz Simple syrup
.5 oz Monin Raspberry syrup (have I mentioned that Jungle Jim's carries an amazing array of Monins?  They do.)

Add and Box:
1.5 oz Ciroc vodka
.25 oz Stoli Razberi vodka
 Top with Gosling's Ginger Beer

Garnish and enjoy!

I walked away for about five minutes and the two girls next to him had decided they had named the drink.  I  was highly entertained for the rest of the evening (and still am, actually).  I won't repeat their name here (it's not a bad name, but sometimes inside jokes are best left as inside jokes ;-)).  I think I made about three or four more between the bar regular and other people around the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment